Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Brunching

K... I am a sucker for breakfast. It's my absolute favorite. Moving to a small town hasn't bode well for my cravings. It's my goal one day to open up a cute brunch place around these parts. Until then, I do love cooking and can make a mean brunch for my family any day. This recipe is on my radar.
Bacon wrapped french toast. COME on! Yum!

I found a recipe, but slightly adjusted to my liking. Will prepare and probably change the recipe. Until then... start here:

1 loaf unsliced fresh bread (I like using challah for french toast)
1 pack thick bacon
6 eggs
a small carton of cream or whole milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp real vanilla extract
100% maple syrup
Powdered sugar

Bake your bacon at 375 till it's about 80% done. Do not cook to crispy. Make your batter with eggs, cream/milk, vanilla and spices. Soak bread and cook on a griddle. Cool slightly and cut into bite size pieces. Wrap bacon around your french toast pieces and secure with a toothpick. Throw on a cooke sheet or pan and bake at 400 for 10 minutes until the bacon is crispy. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and syrup.

via Foodista





















YUM! I think the kiddos will like this one. 

   cheers

No comments: