Friday, May 2, 2014

Food Friday

Been meaning to post a quiche recipe for a while now. I have a couple that I go to, but this one is so savory. I love it! Found it from Giada. Food Network was my vice during both of my maternity leaves. ;) Giada was a must. I usually start with a recipe and alter it, but I follow this one pretty closely.

Ingredients
Butter, for greasing pan
Flour, for dusting pan
1 unroll and bake refrigerated 9 inch pie crust (or sometimes I use a frozen deep dish)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tsp oil
3 ounces pancetta, cut (or I use several pieces of baked bacon)
5 eggs at room temp, lightly beaten
(sometimes I add another egg + a splash of whole milk to increase mixture)
1/2 c of Marscapone cheese, room temparature
2 cups shredded Gruyere
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven 400 degrees. Grease your pan if not using a frozen crust. Brush egg white on crust. Bake for 5-8 minutes. (Recipe calls for 10, but I like to underbake mine a bit). Let cool. Grab a skillet and saute pancetta in oil. Or bake your bacon (400 degrees on a lined pan) until slightly crisp. Drain on papertowel to get rid of grease. Put eggs in a bowl, slightly beat. Mix in Marscapone, add in Gruyere, onion, salt, pepper and bacon/pancetta (milk if desired). Pour into pie dish once that is cooled. Bake for 20-28 minutes. Depends on your oven, etc. (I bake mine a bit longer when I add milk and another egg in a deep dish crust). Bake until the top is slightly browned and your middle isn't wobbly. Don't overbake. :)


Enjoy it! Happy weekend!

 cheers

No comments: