Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014, A Year of Good

Resolutions:

I have many, but most important...stay healthy. I'm sort of a food fanatic. I love food. But I also hate what is done to it. I'm already extremely cautious, but I could do better with my buying habits. I read more labels than I do magazines or books. Too many additives, too many preservatives, too much crap in our food. Makes me sad. I'd love to own a garden, but my space is limited. I'd love to have chickens, but we live in town. One day, until then, we buy mostly organic and I try to feed us good whole food. BUT.we.must.limit.snacks! We all rely on them with littles. Hard NOT to. And all of the sudden I now have picky eaters. They will overcome this! They must!

A new App I just discovered, Dirty Dozen, lists heavy pesticides in food. Clean eating + exercise = a year and beyond of good health! Doing good for the body. Side note, found out my teeth need braces. AGAIN! (Thanks to my former incompetent orthodontist). So I guess a year of good for my body = expensive year! This has made me so angry and so sad. 2 years of braces as a teenager didn't do the job! No control, just need to suck it up and get it over at the age of 35. 35!!! When did that happen?

Trying not to focus on the negative or my age signs and the fact that I almost threw my back out doing burpees for christ sake; then I click on my new App and find apples and grapes have more pesticides than most fruit and those are the two fruits my kids love and eat often. UGH! Figures. AND I read this the other night as I was apparently sipping on my contaminated Yogi tea! GRRRRrrrr!!! Why do I even read? Focus on the good. Focus on the good. Just keep drinking my delightful coffee that puts me in a happy place. Keep drinking coffee. (w my husband's homemade Kahlua of course!) And wine too. More wine. Lots of that.











To a clean and healthy New Year! Happy Thursday!

    cheers

No comments: