Friday, June 21, 2013

Good Mornings

C.O.F.F.E.E. It's my drug. I don't need it. Caffeinated or not, I just really like it. The taste, the smell, the warmth. It has to be good though. If it's a perfectly brewed cup, I do not need anything with it. Just black as it comes. If it's OK, I like coconut creamer. Nothing more. And, I like cute large cups or teeny teacups; although, mine are nice and white and do the trick, my hands slightly burn. :(  New ones are desired.

Any of these would be awesome! They just feel cozy and it would make me happy drinking from such a bright cup. Color=Goodness

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

I love to sit and sip coffee when there is time. And now we can on our cute little porch in my newly found patio furniture. Awesome craigslist find, right!? LOVE it! (Ignore the building, street and stoplight: husbandsquicktextedsnapshot).



My view isn't the most ideal/sanctuary, but the garden around me is and our little fountains drown out most of the traffic we have going by us. I think it's time for a brunch date!! Who's coming over?

This quiche has been my go to recipe as of late. I have loads of kale and other greens in my CSA. Kale is my new found love. It's good in everything! (p.s. I also add fresh rainbow chard and garlic).

source
Ingredients
  • Dough for single-crust pie or frozen pie crust
  • 4 ounces grated cheese (I use raw white sharp cheddar)
  • 1 cup cooked kale, cut into small pieces  sauteed)
  • green onions, chopped
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • eggs
  • 3/4 cup whole milk 
  • 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Roll out the dough and lay it into a pie pan, crimping or trimming the edge all around. Set the pie pan on the baking sheet.Scatter the grated cheese on the bottom of the unbaked pie crust, then top with the cooked kale, chopped green onions and bacon.In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the contents of the pie crust.Bake the quiche about 50 minutes, until the filling is set and the top of the quiche is lightly browned. You can tell when the filling is set by jiggling the pan; when the middle no longer looks liquid, it's done. It doesn't have to be completely solid, just past the liquid stage.Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting. Serve at room temperature.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 servings

Breakfast is my favey. I could drink coffee and juice and eat eggs and pastries all day every day.

Here's to a happy fun flavored weekend!

   cheers






No comments: