Friday, September 2, 2011

Room update

Back to Rory's big girl room. Now I can't decide. Because, well, with a new one on the way, we might have to add on or have kids share a room while little? Buy a new house? I don't know! Up in the air at this point. I have some ideas for her room though.

We ended up with a vintage white floor sample bed + trundle from Pottery Barn Kids. It's perfect for her! Very girly! Color juices flowing with light pink, some light gray and pops of a turquoise color. Some black n white/off white goodies too. She has a black vintage toy chest already, a gold vintage mirror and a faint black chandelier. I also have an old window frame that I may reuse, paint the pains black chalkboard paint and hang it low on the wall for Rory to write on. She has a white nightstand I want to paint pink or turquoise. I am on the search for a vintage grayish dresser. Or something I can strip and paint. Not sure my mother-in-law will allow me to refinish Klint's baby crib, but I'm tempted if we have a room share situation. If it's a girl I'll keep the room super frilly. And if it's a boy, I might have to add more grays and blues or I'll just change my mind all together and start over. That's what I do. YIKES. Decisions.



Dresser, canvas pillow and bin, peacock painting all found on Etsy. Bedspread, blue pillow and rug from Urban. Bird stencils bought on Joss & Main. Hook from Anthropologie. Already have the black n white bin, bed, window frame and sheepskin rug. So...it's a start. I'm loving it thus far. But I have to wait and see. Should I buy some stuff now or hope that it's still there in a few weeks?

   cheers

1 comment:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love it. I have that anthropologie hook in my mudroom and adore it!