Thursday, April 14, 2011

spring sprung

We have TULIPS! 



Finally, my bulbs came out this year!  They usually show up in random spots.  I blame the squirrels.  Task # 314:  perfecting the yard and landscape.  Last summer's heat and Finn dog created more work for us this spring.  No garden though.  We failed big time last year.  I'll stick with the markets!  Any and all welcome to bring me your extra tomatoes this summer!  I'll trade you with some basil or mint.  I can grow plenty of that!  Looking forward to some Mojitos! 

Found a new recipe on a la carte kitchen.  How divine does this look?  Something to look forward to...

Raspberry Mojito

Raspberry Mojito
Makes 1 serving
8 fresh mint leaves
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon superfine sugar (I like to use unrefined sugar)
2 ounces white rum
2-3 ounces seltzer
4-6 fresh raspberries
- Place mint leaves, lime juice and sugar in a highball glass (tall and narrow). Muddle with a wooden spoon to release flavor.  Fill glass with ice cubes.  Pour in rum.  Top off with seltzer.  Drop in raspberries.  Make seconds!  :)

  cheers

No comments: