Monday, April 14, 2014

Wknd Grub



Had a fantastic weekend outside. Yard time, play time, good grilled grub.

On Saturday hubs grilled burgers. We only had venison in the freezer, so I took that and added some randoms to make it wow.

1 lb ground venison
1/2 of an onion, minced, sautéed in a little butter
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tsp or so of horseradish
1 tsp or so of Worcestershire
1 egg
sprinkle some fresh parmesan
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Mix it all up and patty. Grill. Don't do well done, venison is better slightly pink. A couple of burgers had american cheese on them. "Best burgers ever mom," Rory, 4 years old.

Mom and Dad had a burger topped with herbed goat cheese, spinach and sundried tomato tapenade on a bakery bun. Fantastic! Recipe keeper for sure. "You outdid yourself on this one, honey," Klint, 35 years old. :)




Venison Burger with Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato

Sunday salad day. Marinated chicken, hubs grilled and I threw this salad together. YUM! Also boiled corn on the cob. Perfect combo. Recipe is now saved and will be great for summer parties. Took a little prep time, but so fresh and good! I used organic chicken and it was so moist and flavorful. I also substituted Sesame Teriyaki marinade for the hoisin sauce because I was out of that. I only used white sesames as well. Fresh ginger is everything! And the smell is so amazing!

Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad 






































Please ignore my horrible picture here and my teak table. It needs something! I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Suggestions? Done treating it. Paint perhaps? New patio furniture next year. For now, teak has to do. Grill season is upon us. Must act soon. Happy springing...pin these recipes!

    cheers


No comments: